Baking has never been something that I’ve done much of, but have recently found an enjoyment in.
Over the last few years of living alone, and hating grocery store runs, I’ve learned how to take the few basic things that are in my pantry (because they never get used) and make some pretty yummy from-scratch cookies and pancakes. Although it doesn’t happen as often as it should I have come to LOVE making yummy sweets in the kitchen.
One of my latest creations were these delicious White Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies.
Just the description let’s you know they are going to be the greatest thing ever.
What you need:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup of softened butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 bag white chocolate chips
- 1/2 bag peanut butter chips
How to make them:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F
- In a large mixing bowl stir your sugar, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, and egg.
- Add in your flour, baking soda, and salt. I use my hands to mix these in, as it is a little easier to thoroughly mix such a thick dough. Plus I kinda like getting messy.
- Mix in your chips! No one will be mad if you “accidentally” add in more than what I stated above. But half a bag of each is what I like to use.
- Place balls of dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper with about 2 inches between each cookie and bake for 8 to 10 min. Beginner’s Tip: Most recipes tell you wait until cookies are golden brown to take them out. I’ve found that once the 8 min hits they usually aren’t golden yet, but I take them out anyway. They will be really soft still but will harden a tad as they cool. This is the best trick I’ve found to give me cookies that stay nice and soft for days instead of hardening as soon as they cool down.
- While the cookies are still warm sprinkle a teeny bit of salt on them.
And voila! Deliciousness.
What are some of your best kept baking secrets? I plan on venturing into this whole baking thing a little more, anything you’d like to learn how to make?
With Lots and Lots of Yummy Cookie Love.